The Strategic and Competitive Intelligence Professionals (SCIP) defines Competitive Intelligence as “a necessary, ethical business discipline for decision making based on understanding the competitive environment.”
Competitive intelligence helps you to:
• become more competitive;
• understand your competitive environment;
• see market shifts and trends;
• identify competitor strategies, strengths, and weaknesses;
• analyze competitor capabilities;
• improve your strategic decision making.
Here are some of the resources you can use to learn more about Competitive Intelligence and its benefits.
1) Competitive Intelligence Resource Index is a portal and listing of web-resources for finding CI Competitive Intelligence Associations, Books, Companies, Publications, Software Articles, information, and tutorials regarding Competitive Intelligence. http://www.bidigital.com/ci/
2) The Competitive Intelligence Handbook provides an overview of how competitive information is gathered and where it can be found. http://www.combsinc.com/handbook.htm
3) The Competitive Intelligence Handbook from The Society of Competitive Intelligence Professionals and Dialog written by SCIP and Thomson Dialog. http://www.dialog.com.tw/download/docs/63/CI_Handbook.pdf